Saturday, July 23, 2011

Time for Hope

Two rabbis are trying everything possible to provide spiritual comfort to the Jews in Nazi Germany. For two years, frightened unbearably, they are able to evade their persecutions and perform their religious functions in various communities. They are finally taken prisoner.

One of the rabbis, terrified at what might happen to him, prays constantly. The other, however, spends the entire day sleeping.

“Why are you behaving like this?”asks the frightened rabbi.

“In order to conserve my strength. I know that I’ll be needing it later on,” said the other.

“But aren’t you afraid? We don’t know what’s going to happen to us.”

“I was afraid up until the time we were captured. Now that I’m a prisoner, what good would it do to fear what might happen to me. The time for fear has ended, now is the time for hope.”

From maktub by paulo coelho

No comments:

Post a Comment