Monday, July 18, 2011

What is the number one most misinterpreted Bible verse?

I was searching for some inspirational article to read when I came across to this discussion:

An anonymous ask the author this question:  What is the number one most misinterpreted Bible verse?

And this is what he answer:
Absolutely that would be Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
The literal phrase meant is “thoughts about the future” but it is translated to plans. Many people interpret the word “plans” to means that ever detail of their life is spelled out and planned down to the smallest of seconds. But this isn't true there is room in this verse for living and deciding human beings. So many people take this verse out of context and don't continue to read:
Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the LORD, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the LORD, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.
So what are the Lords plans for the future? Not to find his will but to find HIM! “You will seek Me and find Me. When you seek Me with all your heart, I will be found by you, declares the Lord.”
What does this passage really mean? This passage really talks about how the blessings that come from dynamic and growing relationships with our intimate Lord. People want to believe God has plans for our exact car and spouse. But those are our plans and desires. People use this verse to justify God being their own program..
Gods dream for the future of your life is that you get with HIS program. God doesn't dream about your houses and cars. God dreams for you to have an amazing intimacy with HIM.


To read more about this inspirational insight visit: http://mighty2save.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment